Wednesday, January 12, 2011

some movies I watched this year


I couldn't post this without saying anything.

Do you ever watch a movie and while you watch that movie, you notice a scene that is just awesome? You just want to stand there and take a picture. Everything is in the right place, the lighting is just right, and the colours are perfect and the scene makes you smile. This was one of those movies, but instead of just a scene or two, it was like the whole thing. The art direction was thoughtful, and beautifully carried out. A feast for the eyes! (this includes the male lead too)
Some of my favourite parts were the tribal scene where the man came back to life, the upsidedown shadow reflected in the keyhole, elephants in the water, the wedding, and birds flying out the mute man. There's probably more, but these just came from the top of my head.

I also added an old indie flick at the bottom. I just found it recently and watched it; it is definitely a different style, yet enjoyable nonetheless. It's artistic in an indie, eccentric performance art kind of way.

Oh, and you know what else was a good one? Inglorious Basterds.





No comments:

Post a Comment